Accidents can happen anywhere and anytime. Most of the time, it occurs due to negligence of others. When the injuries are caused by someone else’s negligence, you have a legal right to file a personal injury claim and get right compensation.
- First off, get medical attention even if your injuries don’t appear serious. Verify your injuries by taking pictures of injuries you’ve received, including scratches, lacerations, contusions, inflammation or broken or injured bones.
- Document everything, including date, time, place, type of injuries, lost wages, and any property damage or medical expenses.
- File the accident report with local police. Don’t forget to take copies, so that you can submit it.
- Take contact details of the people who witness the accident. Often, witnesses are asked to describe the accident and indicate who was at fault. A statement is taken in written.
- Preserve all evidences. Estimate your damages and triple that amount to determine the value of your pain and suffering. Add all vehicle repair costs too
- Consider hiring a personal injury lawyer in Los Angeles to file a personal injury claim. If you’ve sustained any injury, add medical expenses also.
- Notify your insurance company and the other party’s insurance company to file the personal injury claim within a few days of the accident.